OMG I got nominated! Huge thanks to Autumnrain, author of I Hope to be Surrounded by Idiots & The Simple Life for nominating me. I always so my stuff as inferior compared to all the amazing blogs I have read so this means a lot, thanks. 🙂
OK, here are the rules
The Liebster Award is a chain award to help blogs that have a few followers get more. So win win!! 😀
1.) Post the award on your blog
2.) Thank the blogged who presented the award and link back to their blog
3.) Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to
4.) Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Right then nominations, this was so tough to narrow down. I wish I could nominate everyone. Anyway here goes.
1. Different Winters by LilyShadowWriter – I just couldn’t leave this off the list. I absolutely love this and has to be one of the best DITFT stories I have ever read.
2. Cabernet ISBI by Loralie0512 – An amazing berry ISBI full of colourful and hilarious sims. Really makes me laugh. This is definitely one not to miss
3. The Moustachacy ISBI by Malin – I am so behind with this one but I absolutely love it. The use of the moustache theme is a great touch.
4. A Stormborn Legacy by Undergroundedgar – This is such a great story. I just love the creative way she has used witches powers.
6. Light the Way to Heaven By Blamsart – One totally awesome story. Honestly as soon as I found it I was completely hooked. I read this every free moment I had till was caught up. The way the story and the characters intertwine through the generations is inspiring.
Now on to Tam’s (Autumnrain’s) Questions:
1 What inspired you want to start a challenge?
I remember the first stories I read were the Chimeree Rainbow Legacy by Mariah and Alissa by Daisie. After reading those and then stumbling on to so many more I just felt like I should give it a go. It sounded like a fun thing to have a go at.
2 What inspired you to write a blog about it?
I do know where I first had the idea to start the Mendoza legacy. It was after reading A Legacy of Thieves by Gem. It was a different concept that I hadn’t come across before.
But apart from that I just wanted to share my love of simmy idiots with the world. Simples.
3 When do you have your most creative moments?
It varies, most of the time when I am writing these little sparks of creativity just happen. I found that when I used to make jewellery too. I find my most creative moments happen while I am being creative.
Oh and then there is that other time…but I don’t think you need to about hear that. Not a mental image you need. XD
4 What do you like to do other than play the Sims?
You mean there is life outside of the Sims? Surely you jest! But seriously I love baking, which is great except my boyfriend just wants Chocolate Fudge Cake all the time! XD I have a cat, rabbit and two lizards that require a lot of attention but they are totally worth it.
5 What is your favourite quote?
Expect the unexpected. It might seem childish but I first heard this in a anime called Cardcapter Sakura. I think it is very apt for the sims though, especially in an ISBI!
6 If you could pick between a million dollars or a year of nightmares, what would you choose?
7 What do you like most about your writing style?
I write as it comes to me. I have always found it easier this way. This is why I am no good at proper stories. I suck at planning these things out, I just want to get stuck in.
8 If you could change one thing about your story/challenge what is it? And would you ultimately?
I often ponder if I should have just started the Mendoza Legacy as a ISBI right from the start but ultimately I am glad I did try the thief legacy and the change does not seem to have been received badly by those who read it. In the end no one is perfect and it’s like anything else in life, if you don’t try something how do you know if you will like it or not.
9 What is your favourite item in TS3? Yep, you have to pick just one!
Oh this is so easy! It has got to be the cowplant! I love that thing. 😀
10 What is the weirdest thing you have misplaced when you just weren’t paying attention (ie. Oven Mitts in the fridge)?
Oh my there are so many it’s hard to pin it down to just one. I guess the most recent one was the little cup for the washing detergant. Instead of it being in the washing machine where I usually leave it, it was upstairs in the spare bedroom. Why I left it in there I will never know. Will I do it again? Probably.
11 Who was the first Sim you’ve ever made in CAS in TS3. Did you base them on anyone?
It was so long ago when I made my first sim in sims 3 that I just can’t remember. It wasn’t based on anyone though I do know that much.
Ok so now I have to come up with questions for my nominees.
1. Is there anything that has happened or hasn’t happened in your legacy/story/challenge that you regret?
2. What do you love most about writing your legacy/story/challenge?
3. What got you started playing sims?
4. Do you have a favourite sim from your legacy/story/challenge?
5. If you could take one thing from TS3 and make it real what would it be and why?
6. What was your favourite film as a child?
7. If you wasn’t writing a blog about the Sims is there anything else you would write about and why?
8. What do you like to do when you aren’t playing Sims.
9. Would you start a new legacy/story/challenge when your current one is done and would it be TS3 or TS4?
10. What is your favourite expansion?
11. And finally cats or dogs?